Victoria Forest Resort is located on Bugala Islands which is the largest island of the Ssese archipelago. The Ssese archipelago consists of 84 Islands. There are 3 options for travel to Victoria Forest Resort:
1. MV Vanessa & MV Nathalie
The MV Vanessa and MV Nathalie are two luxurious boats operated by Nyanza Evergreen Waterways Ltd. They operate interchangeably or together depending on the amount of traffic to and from the Island.
They dock at the Nakiwogo landing site in Entebbe and trips from Entebbe are available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday while trips from the Ssese Islands towards Entebbe are available on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. The duration of travel from Nakiwogo (Entebbe) to Bugala Island (Lutoboka Bay) is 1 hour and 15 minutes.
These boats must be pre-booked by calling +256 774034362 or we can gladly assist you book should the need arise. Upon arrival on the Island, we send a vehicle to pick you up at no extra charge.
Nyanza Evergreen Waterways Weekly Schedule
2. MV Kalangala
The MV Kalangala is a large ship that transports both passengers and vehicles.
They also dock at the Nakiwogo landing site in Entebbe. Daily trips from Nakiwogo set off at exactly 2.00 pm with boarding beginning at exactly 1.00 pm.
The duration of travel from Nakiwogo (Entebbe) to Bugala Island (Lutoboka Bay) is 3 hours and 30 minutes.
Cars have to be booked in advance by calling +256 705116773 and charges for vehicles are based on the type and weight of the vehicle.
Passengers are charged Ugx. 10,000 for a one-way economy class ticket and Ugx. 14,000 for a one-way first class ticket.
3. MV Pearl & MV Ssese
The MV Pearl and the MV Ssese are available at the Bukakata landing site along the Bukakata-Masaka route. They have multiple trips per day and dock at the Bugoma landing site on the Island.
Both vessels carry both passengers and vehicles. Pre-booking is not required and the duration of travel from Bukakata (Masaka) to Bugala Island (Bugoma Landing Site) is 30 minutes.
We do not provide free pickups but we can organize pickups upon request at an agreed fee.
- For all guests coming in from the Nakiwogo-Entebbe route, we provide free pick up upon docking at Lutoboka Bay which is the main dock on Bugala Island.
- MV Vanessa and MV Nathalie have to be pre-booked at least 2 days before travel.
- Vehicles to be transported on the MV Kalangala have to be booked at least a week before the date of travel.
- Provisional Timetables are provided during the festive period (Christmas and New Year Period)
- We do not provide free pickups from the Bugoma landing site but this can be arranged at an agreed fee.